* The design goal is, that the host's [any VMs], Whonix-Gateway and any Whonix-Workstation's clock should slightly differ.
* Rationale: Prevent adversaries from linking anonymous and pseudonymous activity. Described in more detail on the [Dev/TimeSync](https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/TimeSync) wiki page.
__What this is not__:
* Therefore Whonix-Gateway should not "directly" be the ClockVM for all other VMs.
* Using a second instance of sdwdate.
* Reusing Whonix-Gateway and sdwdate.
* Having the time securely provided by sdwdate.
* Useful to reuse these components, since sdwdate depends on Tor, that Whonix-Gateway provides. And Whonix-Gateway is also the right place for Tor configuration.
* Having a second instance of sdwdate running within Whonix-Gateway that provides time for dom0 and all non-Whonix VMs would be an improvement against time related attacks.
* Better than NTP.
* For those who are willing to use Tor.