Why deprecate the Whonix 10 timesync progress bar?
* Stale progress bars bug. (https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1219.0.html)
* Usability mess.
* Especially confusing in Qubes where a popup comes seemingly up out of nowhere.
* tray icon that shows that status of network time synchronization
* the tray are app would read whatever status information the sdwdate daemon provides
* that shows more detailed status information when hovering over it
* perhaps a right click context menu would be useful
* that perhaps later shows a graphical user interface when clicking it
* after boot, before the first time synchronization finished, sdwdate should dispatch a script that blocks network access and dispatch another script that allows network access when done