Aug 16 2015
Jun 26 2015
For the record, slightly off-topic.
Qubes Q3 RC1, Whonix 10.
Jun 11 2015
Its now in etc/whonix.d/40_qubes:WHONIXCHECK_NO_EXIT_ON_UNSUPPORTED_VIRTUALIZER="1"
since I was still getting those errors in Whonix 10.
Looks like you done this, @nrgaway?
Jun 7 2015
Jun 6 2015
- Error when attempting to update in Whonix 10
The Qubes build script will fail the install of the template if any apt-get errors are returned.
Jun 5 2015
For the record, flushing all rules and defaulting to ACCEPT makes obfsproxy work.
Jun 4 2015
This seems to have gotten lost in the backlog.
Jun 3 2015
Is this done?
May 30 2015
May 22 2015
Thanks for all the info. I will test it out over the weekend!
- works for me in Whonix 10
- Documentation: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Bridges
- obfsproxy: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Bridges#Using_obfuscated.2C_.28private.29_and.2For_ordinary_bridges
- no different firewall rules required for obfs3
- no startup scripts required
- no other fancy stuff required
- user configuration is simply added to /etc/tor/torrc
- make sure the obfsproxy package is installed
- apparmor was an issue in past, try obfsproxy yourself and check /var/log/kern.log
- for now, just try it out yourself. Does it work for you? If it works for you, if you can confirm from /var/log/tor/log and arm, that Tor is in fact connecting only to the obfs3 bridges you configured, then it's more likely a user configuration error than Whonix bug.
@Patrick I was wondering if this is working in regular Whonix 10? If so can you give me some clues on how to troubleshoot it (startup scripts, configuration locations, expected firewall rules) since I have never used it before
May 16 2015
Resolved with qubes-whonix unreleased 9.6.9 and 10
No longer an issue with 22.214.171.124.4-developers-only
May 15 2015
This has been fixed in T274. control-port-filter-python has a working systemd unit file now. Closing. Please re-open if you still see an issue here.
May 4 2015
May 3 2015
- HOW TO RE-INSTALL qubes-whonix
May 2 2015
Can workstation templates also be upgraded that way? That's not clear from instructions.
Is the 126.96.36.199.7-developers-only tag supposed to be available? While most submodules are cloning properly, I get this error:
May 1 2015
The whonix_build_on_operating_system variable is important for:
Your instructions sound good. I recommend to hit the edit button for instruction posts and to copy it over to the wiki https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Upgrade_from_9_to_10 or so. Unfortunately, phabricator uses markdown and mediawiki uses mediawiki syntax.
I was able to identify all the issue that prevented complete and successful build.
- What to do if you ran a apt-get dist-upgrade not using the upgrade method above
Link: "stable vs wheezy repository" bug T233
Any pages you find under 'free paste bin' or github [gist] or anything that works.
Yes. Done, migrated (copied) qubes-whonix 10.0.5-1 from developers to testers repository.