Jan 9 2021
Nov 17 2015
Aug 16 2015
Jun 30 2015
Jun 26 2015
For the record, slightly off-topic.
Qubes Q3 RC1, Whonix 10.
Jun 23 2015
Too long ago... Trying to find this again...
care to give any details about indefinite freeze and downgrade attacks that gentoo has?
Jun 15 2015
Fixed "vga=ext is deprecated. Use set gfxpayload=text before linux command instead". Upgraded for grub2 / Debian jessie.:
Jun 6 2015
- Error when attempting to update in Whonix 10
Jun 5 2015
For the record, flushing all rules and defaulting to ACCEPT makes obfsproxy work.
Jun 4 2015
This seems to have gotten lost in the backlog.
May 30 2015
May 22 2015
Thanks for all the info. I will test it out over the weekend!
- works for me in Whonix 10
- Documentation: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Bridges
- obfsproxy: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Bridges#Using_obfuscated.2C_.28private.29_and.2For_ordinary_bridges
- no different firewall rules required for obfs3
- no startup scripts required
- no other fancy stuff required
- user configuration is simply added to /etc/tor/torrc
- make sure the obfsproxy package is installed
- apparmor was an issue in past, try obfsproxy yourself and check /var/log/kern.log
- for now, just try it out yourself. Does it work for you? If it works for you, if you can confirm from /var/log/tor/log and arm, that Tor is in fact connecting only to the obfs3 bridges you configured, then it's more likely a user configuration error than Whonix bug.
@Patrick I was wondering if this is working in regular Whonix 10? If so can you give me some clues on how to troubleshoot it (startup scripts, configuration locations, expected firewall rules) since I have never used it before
May 16 2015
May 15 2015
This has been fixed in T274. control-port-filter-python has a working systemd unit file now. Closing. Please re-open if you still see an issue here.
May 4 2015
May 3 2015
- HOW TO RE-INSTALL qubes-whonix
May 2 2015
Can workstation templates also be upgraded that way? That's not clear from instructions.
May 1 2015
Your instructions sound good. I recommend to hit the edit button for instruction posts and to copy it over to the wiki https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Upgrade_from_9_to_10 or so. Unfortunately, phabricator uses markdown and mediawiki uses mediawiki syntax.
- What to do if you ran a apt-get dist-upgrade not using the upgrade method above
Link: "stable vs wheezy repository" bug T233
Yes. Done, migrated (copied) qubes-whonix 10.0.5-1 from developers to testers repository.
Apr 30 2015
Related, see also:
I am not sure it's wise telling testers to enable the developers repository. That could break badly at some point. The developers repository is a playground for me to upload and install from packages where I am not 100% certain they are not going to break the package manager.
What's next here?
- Testers Update instructions
Thanks, tests are successful for me.
Signed, pushed 10.0.5-1 and added to developers repository.
Apr 29 2015
@Patrick, I created a new version that hopefully solves the control-port-filter-python not re-enabling properly... I had a typo in the maintainers postinst configuration file.
Maybe you want to give an upgrade a try. The required qubes package is now also in the ITL test repo so you should be able to attempt an update. DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP (CLONE) your existing whonix proxy :)
How would users upgrade the qubes-whonix package then? Does the ITL repo also contain Debian packages?