Do we want to support the use case of writing Whonix-Host images to disks with no use of any installer (calamares) required?
- to internal disk: do we want to support this initially?
- to USB disk: easier, since users can use their existing operating system to do that. Host operating specific.
This is related to resize disk image at first boot of Whonix Host (T907) and encrypt Whonix-Host disk after first boot (T906). I.e. after writing a Whonix disk image to (USB) disk it would:
- no run of installer required
- use maximum available disk size (T907)
- ready to use out of the box
- encrypt disk (T906)
see also on
- live iso
- live USB
- BIOS + UEFI
instructions how to burn Whonix-Host ISO image to DVD or USB (T969)