rads stands for RAM Adjusted Desktop Starter
- rads documentation
- rads github
- Used by and useful for the Linux distribution Whonix, which is primarily run inside virtual machines
- rads forces to keep tty0 open -> solved in rads systemd branch
- rads tty0 still running after it started a graphical login manager (creates confusion: bug report) -> solved in rads systemd branch
- rads is broken on jessie that uses systemd -> TODO
A good approach to solve this could be to run rads before getty using systemd. 
- /usr/lib/ram_adjusted_desktop_starter/ram_adjusted_desktop_starter needs to be started by a systemd unit before getty
- it needs to have stdout connected, so users can read output by rads
- it needs to have stdin connected, so users can interact with rads
- output by other boot processes should not mix up with output by rads
- build upon the rads systemd branch, because it already solves most of above issues
 Could work similar as whonix-initializer systemd unit:
(whonix-initializer runs as an "app" during first boot. Its systemd unit is configured to wait until whonix-initializer finished.)
Bounty too low?:
- Go to https://www.bountysource.com/issues/14466761-implement-rads-ram-adjusted-desktop-starter-systemd-unit
- Click on "Developers"
- Click on "Get Started"
- Select Status "Bounty too low"
- Enter your offer and press "Save".