@bnvk suggested to shrink various whonixcheck error messages. For example...
[ERROR] [whonixcheck] Tor Bootstrap Result:
Whonixcheck gave up waiting after 120 seconds.
Tor Circuit: established
Bootstrapping 5 % done. Tor reports: NOTICE BOOTSTRAP PROGRESS=100 TAG=done SUMMARY="Done"
- Is the host's internet connection working?
- Whonix-Gateway will need a few moments for bootstrapping the Tor network.
- Do you live in a censored area?
Shut down Whonix and try to get the Tor Browser Bundle from https://www.torproject.org
working on your host. If you cannot get the Tor Browser Bundle to work, you will most certainly not get Whonix to work either.
The Tor Browser Bundle is great for testing if you live in a censored area. If you need bridges for the Tor Browser Bundle,
you will need them for Whonix as well.
Try again: dom0 -> Start Menu -> ServiceVM: sys-whonix -> Whonix Check
or in Terminal: whonixcheck
or in Terminal with debugging: whonixcheck --debug --verbose
Use arm, connection page two, to see if Tor is connected:
dom0 -> Start Menu -> ServiceVM: sys-whonix -> Arm
or in Terminal: arm
- to remove "after 120 seconds"
- to have a Details button that expands upon click
- to have a More Help button that opens a help file
This requires msgcollector, namely msgdispatcher_dispatch_x (written in python) modifications.