The purpose of this ticket is to explore the GUI choices for Mixmaster and nymservers that run natively on Linux for documentation/inclusion for Whonix. The lack of GUIs and the complexity of using remailers made them not viable for most groups except those with degrees in Computer Science. This led to most users missing out on a great alternative to conventional email. Lack of adoption hurts the level of anonymity provided by the Mixmaster network.
- Pyano - a simple python based webinterface by Paranoici a tech activist collective.
- Nymphemeral - great python GUI. Well documented by the
authors. Feature-rich and optionally supports new nym server
types that understand protocols like axolotl and forward secrecy.
- Discuss code signing and upstream inclusion with nymphemeral dev - Done
- Contact Pyano devs and see if they can move from the Apache dependency to something smaller like libmicrohttpd (which is also packaged in Debian).
- Document secure install of nymphemeral when it becomes possible or see if it can be integrated into Whonix