Why deprecate the Whonix 10 timesync progress bar?
- Stale progress bars bug. (https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1219.0.html)
- Usability mess.
- Especially confusing in Qubes where a popup comes seemingly up out of nowhere.
- tray icon that shows that status of network time synchronization
- the tray are app would read whatever status information the sdwdate daemon provides
- that shows more detailed status information when hovering over it
- perhaps a right click context menu would be useful
- that perhaps later shows a graphical user interface when clicking it
- after boot, before the first time synchronization finished, sdwdate should dispatch a script that blocks network access and dispatch another script that allows network access when done
Split task iptables block network access until sdwdate succeeded: