- Needs Triage
Talked with @nrgaway about this on IRC. Summary:
- @nrgaway will be upstream* with https://github.com/nrgaway/qubes-whonix.
- *upstream as per definition of Debian packaging.
- It will be a little bit strange, because @nrgaway will also be the one maintaining the debian maintainer scripts, i.e. postinst etc.
- In future,
- with my qubes-whonix contributor hat, I will git push to https://github.com/adrelanos/qubes-whonix. Any even remotely risky changes I will propose and push to https://github.com/adrelanos/qubes-whonix for @nrgaway to review and merge.
- with my Whonix Debian packager maintainer hat, I will fetch from https://github.com/nrgaway/qubes-whonix and merge into https://github.com/Whonix/qubes-whonix.
- https://github.com/Whonix/qubes-whonix might be ahead a very few commits, but only with almost 100% risk free changes, i.e. bumping version numbers and signing git tags. No functional changes. debian/changelog will only say "bumped debian/changelog".
- @nrgaway will maintain upstream.changelog.
- Feel free to totally wipe and rewrite upstream.changelog. No need to use the cheap autogenerated changelog.upstream which is just a "git log". You could use the same style as currently in debian/changelog. Whatever you prefer.
Please feel free to correct my summary.